Monday, March 19, 2018

Number Puzzle File Folder Game



Morning all!

We've been exploring file folder games for a while now, and Master J really REALLY enjoys them! I really enjoy how easy they are to store, and to make.

Not only are they oodles of fun, but they are educational, and great for hand eye co-ordination too. I've got a few more of these up my sleeve this year so keep an eye out for them!

Today's file folder game is for puzzle number matching. We've been working on numbers a lot lately so I thought a puzzle match would be fantastic to help with number/word recognition and also matching. I have colour coded them to help out younger kids, but if you want to make it a little more challenging you could always print it in black and white.

If you've never made a file folder game before, they are super easy to do!


Here's How!


First, grab the files and print them, you can find them at the bottom of this post



Cut the pieces out! Now, I laminate EVERYTHING because I want them to last got a long time, but if you don't have one, you could always clear contact them, or not cover them at all and just use the pieces as they are, however I wouldn't use Velcro on them if you are not covering them, as they may rip easily.



I positioned the word side of each puzzle on some coloured paper and laminated the entire sheet, and then stuck it into the file folder with double sided tape.

For the other half of the puzzles, I laminated them cut them out, and used velcro self sticking dots for attaching them to the file folder in the right spots. Honestly, I had such trouble finding a way of sticking things to laminate! I went through 5 types of glue and nothing would hold, and then a friend mentioned the self sticking dots and they work PERFECTLY! So forget the glue, and grab the dots! I picked mine up from Woolworths (a big pack for around $6), but most craft/grocery/discount stores have them.



Then stick the cover on the folder and your done! Told you it was easy peasy. I used double sided tape for the cover too, and I didn't bother to laminate that piece.

The only thing left to do now is enjoy it with your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment