Monday, September 16, 2013

Recipe - Mixed Berry Muffins





Hello!

Well, today I have something completely different from my normal posts and I hope you'll enjoy this. I've been playing around in the kitchen working on some recipes!

I LOVELOVE to bake, I always have. I usually throw things together without paying too much attention to writing anything down. Its either a hit, or a miss. Basically anything that gives me a min of 3 thumbs up from the kids and my partner is a winner. I thought I'd start sharing these with you guys.

Todays recipe, and indeed my first to share, is for some mixed berry muffins. I use a tin of mixed berries for this. Its just at the end of winter here in Aus, so no fresh berries yet.




Ingredients:
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
2 cups SR flour
1/2 TBS baking powder
60g butter, melted
pinch of salt
3/4 cup berries and 2/3 cup juice from the can of mixed berries

Preheat oven to 180c
Makes roughly 18 muffins.

1. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix them together.
2. Add all wet ingredients except the berries and mix until just combine.
3. Add in the mixed berries and gently combine so you don't break the berries up too much.
4. Spoon into a greased silicone muffin tray (or patty cases or a metal muffin tray. I prefer silicone-ware) and bake at 180c for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.

Turn onto a cooling rack and let sit until completely cooled before putting them away.

Thats it. The mix itself will look kinda gooey and slimy but thats fine. If you think the mix is too moist just add a little more flour, a tablespoon at a time.

1 comment: