Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Scrapbuster Headband - Free Pattern




Good afternoon lovlies.

As I have mentioned recently, Ive been crocheting a lot of items for Angels for the forgotten (caring for kids in care) for their annual charity craft challenge. Ive been giving myself small goals from the list of needed items. Last week I completed 10 scarves. This week I wanted to make some headbands. I had a look online  and while there are some fantastic patterns out there, I decided that there was no reason why I couldn't just make my own up. I wanted something that tied at the back, because I wouldn't know the head sizes of the girls who will be receiving them.

This is the first one, and it is so quick and easy it'll take you maybe 30 minutes to do and only uses small amounts of yarn. Great as a stash buster!

You will need:
4mm hook
DK (8ply) weight yarn in 2 colours

This pattern is worked in multiples of 3 (plus 2 for the first st). The size here will fit 10yrs plus.

1. Chain 62. In the 3rd chain from hook hdc and then ch1. *skip the next ch, hdc in the next chain, ch1.* Repeat across. In the very last stitch (hdc 3 times, ch1, hdc 3 times) ch1.

Do not turn your work, instead work on the opposite side of the stitches you just made, *hdc in the next ch1 space, ch1* Repeat across to the other end, in the last stitch again do (hdc 3 times, ch1, hdc 3 times), ch1, join to the first hdc. End off colour.

2. Join new colour to any ch1 space on a long side (not the ends) and ch3 (counts as first hdc and ch1) *hdc in the next ch1 space, ch1* repeat until you get to the end, in the ch1 space between the 3hdc's from the previous row, (hdc, ch1, sl st) then chain 40. sl st back into the same ch1 gap, ch1, hdc in the same ch1 gap. Continue on doing hdc, ch1 in each stitch along the next long edge. When you reach the next ch1 space between the 3hdc's from the previous row, again do  (hdc, ch1, sl st) then chain 40. sl st back into the same ch1 gap, ch1, hdc in the same ch1 gap. Finish the rest of the long edge with hdc, ch1 in the remaining ch1 spaces and join with a sl st to the 2nd chain of the initial ch3.

That is it. Yup, 2 rows. It is super fast, super easy and as I said, great for stash busting!


1 comment:

  1. Great simple and easy pattern. It literally took no time to complete. I plan on making several more. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete