Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lil Pants - Free Pattern





Hello lovelies! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day today.
Today I have a pattern for a pair of lil pants, male or female. I was originally planning on releasing these a a paid for pattern, but honestly, I have more fun sharing. Perhaps if you like my designs you could click on an advert for me so I can earn a few cents? It would be much appreciated. It would also be great to see more people adding images to Ravelry (or sharing them on my FB page) I like to oogle at the yarns you all use! 

Pants are easily adjustable, you just need to know the measurements for the Waist, legs and from bellybutton to crotch.


NOTE::: There will be a small gap in the crotch where the legs split, so just sew that closed when you are done. 






Lil Pants 0-3 Months

Special stitches used: Foundation double crochet. For instructions on this stitch please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGPkRHF0rUw

Front Post Double Crochet – FPDC
Back Post Double Crochet - BPDC

Supplies:
DK weight yarn (8ply for AUS/UK) in main and contrasting colours.
5.5mm hook
3.5mm hook for tie
US terms used throughout.

With contrasting colour.

1: Using the foundation double crochet method, make 42 dc's, join. This gives the waist a more flexible band then chaining will.

If you are unfamiliar with this technique or choose not to do it, you can chain 44, dc into the second chain from hook and each across, join. Use the tail to close the bottom of the dc join.

2: ch3, * fpdc around the first dc, bpdc around the next dc *, repeat around, join.

3: Repeat round 2.

4: ch1, sc in each stitch around, join. End off contrasting colour.

5: Join main colour. Ch3, dc in each stitch around, join.

6-10: ch3, dc in each stitch around, join.

11: ch3, dc in the next 21 stitches, skip all the rest and join to the top of ch3. One leg hole started.

12-16: ch3, dc in each stitch around, join. At the end of round 16 end off main colour.

17: Join contrasting colour. Ch1, sc in each stitch around, join.

18: ch3, * fpdc around the first stitch, bpdc around the next stitch * repeat around, join.

19: ch1, sc in each stitch around, join. End off contrasting colour. Weave in all ends.

For Second leg.

Join main colour to an un-worked stitch near the centre back of round 10. Repeat instructions from round 11 onwards to create second leg.

To make the tie, using the main colour and a 3.5mm hook chain for 26 inches. Thread the chain under the fpdc's from round 2.

The legs should be around 5.5 - 6 inches long, if you crochet tight then add a few extra rounds for them. 






22 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I used similar colors to yours....my very first crocheted pants. ;) now I can say..."yes....I make those too" lol. Thnx again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It took me forever to find a pattern I wouldn't have to pay for when I'm not even sure I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this free pattern. I have purchased a few patterns but some of them are not clear so I have not been able to do them. I really appreciate your sharing this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pattern is TREASURE!!! *THANK YOU!* soooo very much! Quick, easy, and very impressive looking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I've made 2 pair already :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pattern! How do I make these pants to fit a 3-6 month baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try holding it up to a pair of 3-6 months pants and just adding rows where needed until it matches the pants. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Thank you soo much. I really appreciate free patterns as I couldn't afford to buy the all, but love to do different things. Thanks again !! and sooo cute !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this pattern! My mum shared this with me after she made a few pairs and I've just gotten halfway through a pair and run out of wool :( but they were so quick to make up and very easy! I clicked on an ad so you've earned a few cents lol :) thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!
    My first pair of pants to crochet!
    LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there a video on making these? I'm terrible at written patterns. I'm a visual person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry no video :) I don't have the equipment to do that.

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for this pattern! I can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this free pattern. I made these in a few hours. Very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE these pants. They were super easy to do. I am curious how well they will fit over a diaper though. Will find out soon as they are a Christmas gift to a new friend of mine that just had a baby 1 WEEK ago. Thank you so very much for this awesome, well written pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can these be made into bell bottoms? If so, how would I go about it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used your pattern for my first pair too! I appreciate this pattern so much. I'm actually proud of my results.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made !
    6 months baby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    these are sooo cute! Can u pls tell me if they r for a preemie baby or newborn? Wud luv to try them - never tried pants before. Many tks for sharing the pattern & yr talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for this pattern! My grandson quickly outgrew the 1st pair I made so now making a 2nd pair. I'm adding stitches and length and hoping he can wear them a little longer. They work up quickly and are so cute when finished!

    ReplyDelete